Monday 16 June 2014

Nail Catch Up Part 1: Aug-Dec '13

Like I said in my previous post it's been a long year and even though I've not been blogging I've still been playing with my nails! So here's catch-up Part 1: a round-up of what I did throughout August to December 2013...

1. Matte crazy...

Last summer I finally invested in a matte top coat in the form of China Glaze 'Matte Magic' and naturally I went matte crazy! This is just a sample of what I mattified in 2013. My favourite look is the Chanel 'Blue Satin' matte manicure (top right).

2. Going tribal...

So one of my favourite looks over the last year has been the tribal pattern. I invested in black and white Barry M nail art pens last summer and frankly they're one of the best things I ever bought! They make nail art so easy, especially when you want to create intricate patterns like the ones featured here. The only downside to this is when it comes to making patterns on my right hand (I'm right-handed). Times like these I wish I was ambidextrous :-\

3. Arty Farty...

As always I got a little arty over the last year. I tried improving my galaxy nails from my previous attempts here and here and found a look I absolutely loved, so I'll be expanding on that in a separate post later. I also tried improving my gradient technique. I've always preferred using eyeshadow sponges for my ombré looks but that never quite blends it smoothly enough. I finally tried doing it with a wedge sponge and I think I may have cracked it! So more on that later :) Halloween rolled around and what better way to celebrate than with ghoulish blood-dripping nails?! And finally 2013 marked the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, and as a die-hard Whovian I just HAD to mark the occasion with nail art! Unfortunately I didn't have time to do it properly so instead of 'Police Box' it seems to say 'Polio Box'... but that just means I have to try again for the Season 8 launch in August ;)

4. Feeling Festive...

Christmas is a great time to play with nail art, from simple block colours and sparkly accents, to intricate designs inspired by the festive season. Santa brought me some lovely new nail polish too which I got to play with over the holidays. I also played with striping tape for the first time to create the adorable present accent nail you see bottom left!

5. New Haul...

And of course my nail polish collection expanded rapidly over the months, including colours I never thought I'd try! So prepare for a load of reviews coming up :)


So that's all for August to December! January to June will be coming up in the next few days ;)


Are there any looks you want me to try? Any tutorials you want to see me do? Please let me know by leaving a comment below :)





No comments:

Post a Comment