Sunday 22 June 2014

Nail Catch Up Part 2: Jan-June 2014

Following on from my previous post, here's some more of my nail art and discoveries from my year-long hiatus!


6. All the colours!

So this year my nail collection expanded exponentially. I discovered the joys of Sinful Colours in all its cheap (but definitely cheerful) glory, I got my first taste of OPI, I got to grips with glitter, and I finally doubled my Essie collection to a grand total of... 2! Reviews of all these coming up later in the year :)

7. Less is more...

As time was not on my side this year, when I did get round to doing my nails I had to, for the most part, keep it simple with block colours and simple accent nails. I also took full advantage of the January sales this year and got some great nail art stickers and transfers which really helped make even simple nails look fab!

8. Trying new things...

I tried to step out of my comfort zone by experimenting with new ideas. I found the perfect colour for mermaid tail scales, tried making stencils out of masking tape, played with more freehand looks, and even attempted a cartoon style. Here's to being more daring in the future!


Are there any looks you want me to try? Any tutorials you want to see me do? Please let me know by leaving a comment below :)


No comments:

Post a Comment