Saturday 3 August 2013

Shabby Chic... Vintage Rose Nail Art Part 2

As promised in my last post on rose nail art, here is another vintage rose look with some different colours. This look was actually inspired by my favourite mug...

My kind of camouflage

I bought this mug from Asda around 2-3 years ago. As soon as I saw it I immediately fell in love. I love the shabby chic look and something about this combination of pastel blues and pinks really spoke to me. I thought it was about time, using my newfound knowledge of rose art, to translate this look to my nails!

Read on for more...

Here's what I used...

L-R: MaxFactor 'Cactus Green', Barry M 'Matte White', 'Blue Moon', and 'Fuchsia', and Lime Crime 'Parfait Day'


I won't go through how I created the look as you can find my tutorial for that here, but I'll go through what I used for each bit. I used the same feature nail system as in the blue rose look - roses on my ring finger and thumb - with plain blue (Blue Moon) on the rest of my nails. Blue Moon provided the base colour for the feature nails too, with Parfait Day being the base for the roses. Fuchsia was used for the detail on the roses, and Cactus Green for the leaves. I used a small dotting tool to add dots of Matte White in the spaces between the flowers, et voilà... Shabby Chic nails!


I actually received some striping tape and a nail brush set this week so I'm excited to see how I can improve this look with the right tools! I plan to incorporate strips into this look somehow so I'm going to be creative this weekend and bring you some more from this look all being well :)



No comments:

Post a Comment