Sunday 26 May 2013

To Boldly Go.... Galaxy Nail Art Part 2

So yesterday I decided to try out galaxy inspired nail art and gave you guys some tips on how to create the look as best you can...

As the day went on and the sunlight began to fade I noticed the shading becoming less and less noticeable, and by the end of the day when I was just in artificial light you couldn't even see the detail any more :(

I thought I could just deal with it but when I woke up this morning I just wasn't happy with the results and decided to follow my own advice from yesterday to redo my nails properly! Quite aptly watching Star Trek VI: Undiscovered Country, I went ahead and did my nails again, this time using lighter and more shimmer shades, as well as adding large glitter "stars".

Here are the results...


Left hand

Right hand

It's hard to show the full effect on camera but trust me when I say it looks MUCH better! Even though they're a little bit messier (really need to invest in some pointed cotton buds to get into the corners when tidying), the colours stand out and the shimmery effect of the shades give it a much more galactic feel.

Here are the shades I used:


L-R these are: 
  1. Revlon '999 Blackest Black' - base.
  2. Sparkle and Fade (there's no shade on the bottle and I don't think you can buy this any more but any turquoise/aqua shade would do) - shading.
  3. Love & Beauty 'Midnight' (from Forever 21 in LA) -  larger "stars". I picked the large silver glitter pieces out with a toothpick and placed them on individually.
  4. Avon Arabian Glow nailwear in 'Purple Passion' - shading.
  5. Miss Sporty Sparkle Touch Top Coat in 'Clear' - smaller "stars".

I won't go through how I did it: you can see the tips I followed by looking at yesterdays post here :)

And that, my dears, is that.

I would love to see if any of you guys have tried galaxy nails. Do you have any tips? Any other designs you'd like me to try? As always leave your comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment