Friday 19 April 2013

Twerk it...

Deep down inside of me there is little ghetto woman twerking away. I don't know if its cos I'm a 90's kid and 90's urban music was amazing, or whether I was just born in the wrong body, but even though I primarily love rock and alternative music I can't resist working it to some old school hip hop or rnb. Call it a guilty pleasure if you will, but I certainly don't feel guilty for it ;)

Anyway here are 10 tunes I like to shake my booty to now and again... (they're not my top 10, just what I could think of on the spot!)



Bel Biv DeVoe - Poison
Seriously do I even need to explain?
All together now... "THAT GIRL IS POOOIIISOOOOOON!"



R Kelly - Bump N' Grind
In my humble opinion, this song has the greatest intro of all time... I mean that in the most humorous sense. If anyone out there has seen R Kelly's hip-hopera masterpiece 'Trapped in the Closet' (make of that what you will) you will appreciate the face-palmability of this man and how it can become such a guilty pleasure. Bump N' Grind is the founder of that feeling. Real talk.



Blackstreet ft Dr Dre - No Diggity
This song. Just. This song. There are no words. Only one of the greatest urban anthems of all time. Press play and revel in its glory.


The Notorious B.I.G ft Puff Daddy & Mase - Mo' Money, Mo' Problems
This came on at the shisha bar I was at earlier and I started dancing without even realising... it's a classic from a legend of hip hop, even if you don't realise you know it, you probably do. 



Brandy and Monica - The Boy is Mine
Not yours... but mine... not yours... but miiiine.
If you haven't sung this song melodramatically with a friend, you haven't lived. Fingers must be waved about fiercely in order to give the song its full effect.



Mark Morrison - Return of the Mack
This song just SCREAMS summer. Everything about it is so sunny and happy, it's the perfect tune for a summer party by the pool (or paddling pool in my case...)


Donell Jones ft Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopez - U Know What's Up
I have to say this is one of my favourite songs. I love the beat, I love Donell's voice, and of course, I LOVE Lisa (RIP angel <3).


Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
Ok so I know this is an entire album not a song, but picking your favourite Lauryn Hill song would be like picking your favourite child... I'm currently bopping along to 'Doo Wop (That Thing)' which starts at 17.56 into the video if that helps you pick a song to listen to!


Missy Elliott - The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)
Much like Lauryn Hill it is near impossible to pick a favourite Missy song, but I sucked it up and picked one because I love the video and Timbaland's dad-dancing.


Bubba Sparxxx - Ugly
UGLAYYYY UGLAYYYY UGLAAAYY UGLAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!
Unleash your inner white trash... if you don't automatically start dancing dirty to this then you don't have a soul.


I could keep spitting these out all night so I'm gonna leave you to hit play and twerk it for the rest of the night! Feel free to contribute in the comment section below :D




No comments:

Post a Comment